Monday, January 12, 2009

Kicking and Screaming....

errrr - Uh maybe not. When my friend Lazymama asked me when I was going to start a blog - I just laughed. Loudly. I AM NOT a writer. I am a reader. I love to read. Books, Magazines, cereal boxes, blogs. All of it. I would rather spend my free time reading other people's blogs. This all started when I went to Borders last summer. I was browsing the books and I came across this book called

"Bitter is the New Black: Confessions of a Condescending, Egomanical, Self-Centered, Smartass, or Why You Should Never Carry a Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office".

The title just grabbed my attention and I had to get it. 24 hours later I was back at borders buying the two sequels - Bright Lights, Big Ass (AND I had to ask a male associate for help locating it. That was interesting and I'm sure I left quite an impression on him.) and "Such a Pretty Fat". A week later I was hooked. I went online to http://www.jennsylvania.com/, I searched the library (Dear Mr. Happy - when I die - please have me cremated and scatter my ashes somewhere between Historical Fiction and Science Fiction.) for other authors. I found Meredith Efken and a few others that I can't name and now I'm totally hooked. Jen is visited often so that I may get a quick dose of her snarkyness.

So - imagine how happy I am to discover that my friend has a blog. YEAH!!!!! Now I finally get to read about people I actually know. I get to experience an event and then read about someone else's perspectives on it. YEAHHHHH!!! And of course, I get to comment on these same items. When I tried to leave a comment with my name on her blog - I couldn't quite figure out how it works without using "ANONYMOUS". So I left my comment "Anonymously" {Wink Wink - think she'll find out?} and then decided to create a "BLOG" so that I could leave my name with my comments. Then I decided - well, since it's a blog - maybe I should write something for anyone who trips over this so they don't think I'm totally clueless (which I am - but don't tell. Let'skeep this between me and you.) and then I realized.....

Tricky Gretchen - VERY VERY tricky. You just knew I wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut forever. Didn't you? You knew I would have to create this and that I would Blog it.

Very clever my friend. Kicking and screaming.....Nah, I don't think so. You are way too subtle for that.

1 comment:

  1. Bwahahahahahahahaha! Come over to the dark side, my child :)

    ReplyDelete