Sunday, March 8, 2009

What I've Been Doing Since I Last Posted...

  • We've planned a trip to Walt Disney World for the end of the month. We decided because Mr. Happy probably won't get a week off this summer that we should take advantage of him being off during Happy Girl's spring break and go somewhere. Warm. Far Away. By Ourselves. Without Additional Relatives.
  • I spoke to my youngest brother and planned for him and his family to visit us for Easter. They will be out the Thursday before Easter and stay with us until Holy Monday or the Tuesday after Easter. We spent last Easter together at his house and had a very relaxing holiday. I hope that they will come out and have the same experience.
  • I've been taking advantage of spending time with friends by going to play areas at Fast Food restaurants or the mall. We've had some fun - especially because I have gotten to crochet with someone who actually understands more of what I'm supposed to be doing than I do. I made a shopping bag. I'm so proud of myself - especially because my MIL can't believe I made it myself. She thinks that I made some of the stitches too big. I laugh because she is legally blind. (And the blind woman gives advice on stitch size... This is the same lady that can't knit anymore because she can't see the stiches. Sighhhh - I just agree, but I am still proud of my efforts)
  • I'm gearing myself up for turning 40. I'm still not sure how I feel about this birthday - but I know that it isn't something that I'm going to be able to do anything about. I should just accept it - but it bothers me.
  • I've been scrapbooking a little more than I was before. I dug out photo's from our last two trips to Disney and since there aren't too many I am able to scrap them. Hopefully I will be done with at least 1999 before we leave.
  • I've also been sorting thru Princess Happy's summer stuff & Happy Girl's summer stuff. Some of it has been packed away for the princesses cousin who is a year younger, some of it has gone to Plato's closet, and some of it was just plain junky and went into the garbage.
  • I've also been watching my diet. It's not easy - especially around my house with several picky eaters. I've made a lot of homemade soup lately. It's by products have made my MIL happy (She loves dark meat chicken and eating it reminds her of the meals she used to cook for her & my FIL) and my kids love homemade chicken noodle soup. I'm trying to make healthier meals and still satisfy everyone.

So that is what I am doing. It's not exciting - but it's time consuming. I'm not complaining.....but it's why I'm not here.

No comments:

Post a Comment